Do you have your EORI number?
13th September 2019
If we listen to the press it is looking more likely that the UK will leave the EU on 31 October 2019. However, whether it happens on 31 October or later, UK companies need to be prepared for the outcome.
There are a number of actions that need to be completed and you will no doubt have seen the Brexit Checklist we produced earlier this year – this is still available to download from the publications area on our website. http://www.abggroup.co.uk/sites/www.abggroup.co.uk/files/no_deal_brexit.pdf
If you have not yet started your Brexit preparations, ABG is poised and ready to help you with a number of practical steps and suggestions. If your business imports or exports goods you might like to consider the following actions as a matter of urgency:
- Obtain an EORI number, or confirm you have one. (HMRC are issuing to all VAT registered businesses as of 21 August 2019)
- Apply for and obtain TSP (Transitional Simplified Procedure) authorisation.
- Apply for and obtain a Deferment account / Comprehensive Customs Guarantee.
- Appoint a Customs agent to act for you.
- Talk to your suppliers and customers and agree terms so that you and they are aware of documentation needs going forward.
- Secure your supply chain.
- Plan and implement your Customs strategy.
If you require assistance or wish to speak to a member of our team regarding your Brexit preparations please contact us on 020 7330 0000