Paper tax return filing deadline reminder

3rd October 2017

With the 31 October paper tax return deadline fast approaching now is a good time for us to remind you that all income received during the tax year running from 6 April to 5 April must be accounted for in your tax return.

To report your income, claim tax reliefs or any outstanding repayments, you need to complete the SA100 form.

You might also need to complete additional sections, known as ‘supplementary pages’, if you’re reporting other types of income.

If you are sending a tax return for a business partnership, trustee or non-resident company there are additional forms to complete. These are available on the HMRC website.

Calculating your bill

Once you’ve submitted your paper tax return by the deadline, HMRC will calculate the amount of tax you need to pay, as well as a payment on account for the 2017/18 tax year.

If you owe less than £3,000 tax for the 2016/17 tax year, HMRC can try to collect the remaining tax from your wages or pension from 6 April via your PAYE tax code, but only if the paper tax return is submitted by 31 October 2017.

If you would like to speak to one of our tax team please contact us on 020 7330 0000.