Capital gains tax
|Individual basic rate||10%||18%|
|Individual higher rate||20%||28%|
|Gains on residential property not eligible for principal private residence (PPR) relief and carried interest|
|Individual basic rate||18%||18%|
|Individual higher rate||28%||28%|
|Entrepreneurs' relief - effective rate||10%||10%|
|Individuals and personal representitives||£11,700||£11,300|
|Settlement(s) (spread over total number)||£5,850||£5,650|
|Main rate for trustees and personal representatives||20%||20%|
|Rate for trustees and personal representatives (for gains on residential property not eligible for PRR)||28%||28%|
|(proceeds per item or set)||£6,000||£6,000|
- Transfers between spouses and civil partners living together are exempt.
- Entrepreneurs' relief of 100% is available in respect of gains made on the disposal of all or part of a business, or gains made on disposals of assets following the cessation of a business or gains by certain individuals who were involved in running the business.
- Non-UK residents are now subject to capital gains tax on the sale of UK residential property.
- SEED enterprise investment scheme (subject to conditions): 100%/50%
- Venture capital trust: 100%
- Social investment tax relief: 30%
- Principal private residence (subject to conditions): 100%