Capital gains tax
|Individual basic rate||10%||18%|
|Individual higher rate||20%||28%|
|Gains on residential property not eligible for PPR relief and carried interest:|
|- individual basic rate||18%||18%|
|- individual higher rate||28%||28%|
|Entrepreneurs' relief - effective rate||10%||10%|
|- settlement(s) (spread over total number)||£5,650||£5,500|
|(proceeds per item or set)||£6,000||£6,000|
- Transfers between spouses and civil partners living together are exempt.
- Entrepreneurs' relief of 100% is available in respect of gains made on the disposal of all or part of a business, or gains made on disposals of assets following the cessation of a business or gains by certain individuals who were involved in running the business.
- Non-UK residents are now subject to capital gains tax on the sale of UK residential property.
- SEED enterprise investment scheme (subject to conditions): 100%/50%
- Venture capital trust: 100%
- Social investment tax relief: 30%
- Principal private residence (subject to conditions): 100%