Graduate & training recruitment
GRADUATE & TRAINING RECRUITMENT
Why train with ABG?
Training – As well as studying for your ACA or CFAB Qualification, we continually offer both internal and external training on other vital aspects of your role.
Mentoring – All trainees at ABG are paired with mentors to support them gaining valuable, informal feedback at regular intervals as well as being on hand to offer guidance and advice.
Push – We encourage development by giving responsibility for aspects of live client assignments. Exposure to a variety of client work in the Audit & Accounting Department in a wide range of industries and sectors.
Monitor – 6 monthly appraisal meetings to review progress and training & development needs, as well as written reports the at end of each assignment assessing performance and outcomes of completed jobs.
Support – ABG provides financial sponsorship for the programme, covering: tuition courses, exam fees, manuals and textbooks. Providing the necessary foundation for successful completion of your studies and qualification
We are currently looking for Graduates to join us on our 3-year ACA Training Programme starting in August 2021.
The major benefit to training at a medium-sized firm in comparison to a larger one is the variety and depth of experience you will gain from the assignments you will be involved in. The opportunity to gain more exposure with various different assignments as well as diverse client size and industry sectors. This will provide you with broader experience from the greater involvement in various aspects of client work, as well as the firm’s Partners taking a direct interest in your development and training.
ACA Training Programme
Our Graduate ACA Training Programme is a great chance to join our supportive and social Team. We have a proud record of exam success and want to give you every opportunity to add and share in that success. To help you achieve this we;
• Train – as well as studying for your ACA, we offer both internal and external training on other aspects of your role.
• Mentor – all Trainees at ABG are paired with mentors to support them through their training and beyond.
• Push – you to gain greater responsibility and learn more.
• Monitor – you will have regular catch ups on your Training and Development in order to track progress.
• Support- ABG provide financial sponsorship for the programme, this covers, tuition courses, exam fees, manuals and textbooks.
Development at ABG doesn’t end once you complete your ACA qualification; in fact, it is only just beginning, and we want our Trainees to go on to achieve more and aspire to become our next generation of leaders.
Your studies towards the ACA qualification will follow a Government approved Level 7 Apprenticeship standard which still includes all the necessary skills, knowledge and work required to become a qualified Accountant.
Our salary and benefits package are very competitive, with work-life balance being key in our firms’ culture, and your package will include;
• Competitive salary (increases at key ACA achievements)
• Flexible working policy when in the office (core hours 10am-4.30pm)
• Social events
• A minimum of 2:1 Degree – (open to applicants from a range of degree disciplines)
• 3 A-Levels (A*-C) minimum of 300 UCAS points (old tariff)/120 UCAS points (new tariff) (or equivalent)
• GCSE’s in both Maths and English- grade B or above (or equivalent)
• Excellent team working abilities and passionate about providing a first-class service
• Ability to both maintain relationships and remain client focused
• Strong problem-solving ability and eye for detail
• Open to adapt and remain confident in relation to change
• Be both commercially and strategically aware
All candidates are required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the U.K.
Our Recruitment Process
• Apply via the ICAEW website
• CV’s & Applications are screened in-house
• If successful- you are then invited to complete a video-interview (info can be found: https://shortlist.me/). This means interviewees can be progressed through the application stage faster than previously possible, aiming to offer a more efficient recruitment process.
• Following this, you may then be asked to complete online numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
• Results of this will then form the decision regarding invites for our in-house Assessment Centre.
If you think you have the skills and talent to join our friendly and supportive environment and become a valued member of our Team, please send your CV to email@example.com.