How do HMRC conduct a tax investigation?

Even if you’ve played entirely by the rules, the stress of a HMRC tax investigation can be a lot to deal with. However, you needn’t worry – understanding the process will help you and your company deal with the situation and we’ll be on hand to support you throughout.

read more

How do changes to NIC affect you?

As you may have heard, there are changes happening to National Insurance contributions (NICs). From 6 July, the new thresholds will come into effect. But what does that mean for you? This post we take as look at the changes and what this means for you and your business.

read more

Should you be registered for VAT?

Most accounting software we recommend can cope with the calculation and filing of VAT returns. The good news is, being obliged to register for VAT is not the time-consuming chore it used to be. But we are often asked when a business must register for VAT and when it might like to consider registering voluntarily.

read more

Can you reduce 31 July 2022 tax payments?

Did you know that it may be possible to reduce your 31 July 2022 tax payment if your income for 2021-2022 was lower than the previous year!

If you submit a self-assessment tax return and are due to make a second payment on account for the tax year 2021-22 on or before 31 July 2022 you may have an opportunity to reduce how much you need to pay.

read more

Tax and NIC for the self-employed

If you are self-employed and operate as a sole trader or run an unincorporated business, you will need to register as self-employed with HMRC.    Unlike a company (which is a separate legal entity), if you are self-employed, you do not benefit from limited liability (unless you are operating a limited liability partnership).

read more

Should you incorporate your property business?

If you have a property rental business, you may be running it through a limited company, or you may be running an unincorporated business and wondering whether you should incorporate. There are advantages and disadvantages to incorporation so read on!

read more

Voluntary Tax Disclosure

If you discover you owe more tax than you’ve declared, it’s best to inform HMRC by making a voluntary disclosure. This may seem daunting, but HMRC knows that mistakes happen and has a process for you to disclose them. Here’s a handy guide.

read more

Outsourcing Assistant Manager

Closing date: 30 June 2022 – 17:30

Outsourcing Assistant Manager – we currently have a vacancy for a talented Outsourcing Manager in our London EC1 office.

read more

Tell us about your business

Explore where you want to go, what you need to get there and how ABG can help.

ICAEW Chartered Accountants
Probate Accountants
International Accountants EAI members
BAS Approved Chartered Accountants