School Leaver Training & Recruitment
School leaver TRAINING RECRUITMENT
Arram Berlyn Gardner (ABG) is a multi-award winning, medium-sized firm of chartered accountants, auditors and tax & business advisors established in 1966 and located in London EC1, employing around 100 people. Our wide range of clients include household names, family businesses, entrepreneurs, start-ups and private clients.
At ABG we are looking for hard-working, motivated students to join our friendly Team and build a solid career in Accountancy and Audit starting in August 2022. As a Trainee, your structured programme is based around gaining valuable work experience and studying whilst being an integral part of the our Audit and Accounts Team.
We are currently looking for School Leavers to join us on our 5-year CFAB Training Programme starting in August 2022.
Why train with ABG?
The major benefit to training at a medium-sized firm in comparison to a larger one is the variety and depth of experience you will gain from the assignments you will be involved in. The opportunity to gain more exposure with various different assignments as well as diverse client size and industry sectors. This will provide you with broader experience from the greater involvement in various aspects of client work, as well as the firm’s Partners taking a direct interest in your development and training.
ACA Training Programme
Our School leaver CFAB Training Programme is a great chance to join our supportive and social Team. We have a proud record of exam success and want to give you every opportunity to add and share in that success. To help you achieve this we;
• Train – as well as studying for your CFAB, we offer both internal and external training on other aspects of your role.
• Mentor – all Trainees at ABG are paired with mentors to support them through their training and beyond.
• Push – you to gain greater responsibility and learn more.
• Monitor – you will have regular catch ups on your Training and Development in order to track progress.
• Support – ABG provide financial sponsorship for the programme, this covers, tuition courses, exam fees, manuals and textbooks.
Development at ABG doesn’t end once you complete your CFAB qualification; in fact, it is only just beginning, and we want our Trainees to go on to achieve more and aspire to become our next generation of leaders.
Your studies towards the CFAB qualification will follow a Government approved Level 4 Apprenticeship standard which still includes all the necessary skills, knowledge and work required to become a qualified Accountant.
Upon successful completion of the Level 4 Qualification and for suitable candidates, we offer the opportunity to remain at ABG under a Training Contract to complete the ACA Professional Qualifications and become a fully-fledged Chartered Accountant!
Our salary and benefits package are very competitive, with work-life balance being key in our firms’ culture, and your package will include;
• Competitive salary (increases at key Exam achievements)
• Flexible working policy when in the office (core hours 10am-4.30pm)
• Social events
• 3 A-Levels (A*-C) minimum of 300 UCAS points (old tariff)/120 UCAS points (new tariff) (or equivalent)
• GCSE’s in both Maths and English- grade B or above (or equivalent)
• Excellent team working abilities and passionate about providing a first-class service
• Ability to both maintain relationships and remain client focused
• Strong problem-solving ability and eye for detail
• Open to adapt and remain confident in relation to change
• Be both commercially and strategically aware
All candidates are required to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the U.K.
Our Recruitment Process
• CV’s & Applications are screened in-house (see application process below)
• If successful, you are then invited to complete a video-interview (info can be found: https://shortlist.me/). This means interviewees can be progressed through the application stage faster than previously possible, aiming to offer a more efficient recruitment process.
• Following this, you may then be asked to complete online numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
• Results of this will then form the decision regarding invites for our in-house Assessment Centre which will be held in March/April 2022
Deadlines for applications are 28 February 2022
If you think you have the skills and talent to join our friendly and supportive environment and become a valued member of our Team, please complete our Essential Information form and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.